Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spit Up Clean Up

Okay, speaking of being a clean freak, I don't know what to do about the spit up. Hadley is constantly on her tummy. I can't keep her off of it. And the pressure on her tummy causes her to spit up. I put big quilts down on the floor to cushion her play area (since we have hardwood floors under the rugs), and I am constantly washing them to clean up the inevitable spit up. Today, she managed to spit up on the rug, her blanket, and her boppy all in the span of about 20 seconds. The kid is talented.

Do all babies do this? Is there just no alternative to the constant spit up? I've tried putting her in her exersaucer immediately after meals to let her food settle some, but the pressure of the tray on her tummy causes spit up, too. And, she won't tolerate being held until her food settles. She squirms and squirms to get down and play. I'm telling you-- this kid is active. Or, maybe I should say ACTIVE.

I'm at a loss... or maybe this is just another aspect of baby-dom that I need to get used to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com