Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dancing, Dancing, Dancing

Does anyone read GOOP.com? It's Gwyneth Paltrow's newsletter and while I don't ordinarily read it, I found a link to one of her fitness posts while perusing a popular celebrity site. In the post, GP provides a link to a cardio dance number created by trainer Tracy Anderson. According to GP, you just learn the dance number and when you have free time, turn on some music and dance away the pounds. I'm always looking for ways to work out at home because I never have time to go to a gym anymore. My Wii Fit fits the bill quite nicely, but even then, I don't always have the time or room to pull out the Fit Board.

So, I thought this dance thing might work nicely-- and I was so right! I learned the little number in about 10 minutes and have been doing it non-stop ever since. It's easy and I can do it to any music-- whether it's Hadley's Baby Einstein cd's or a dance mix. Or, sometimes, I dance to no music at all and just count out the steps cheerleading style. That's really amusing to watch, I'm sure. But, the great thing is that I need very little room to do this workout, I can do it while Hadley is playing and still keep an eye on her, and I get a great workout doing it. Much more so even than with the Wii Fit aerobics. Check it out if you are looking for an easy way to work out around the baby's schedule.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com