Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And then there were four.... (!!)

You know, I've been meaning to sit down for weeks... okay, months... and write an introductory post for our new little love, but for so many reasons I have been putting it off. For one, my little bean eats NONSTOP from about 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. every night. It's like she knows she needs to stock up before bed. Unfortunately, that time at night is when I used to get things accomplished, including writing blog posts. Now, I feed Brynn and then crash as soon as she falls asleep.

And second, I just don't want to waste a single minute during the day that I could be spending with my two little girls. They are just that amazing-- and that all-encompassing. They literally keep me going every minute of every day. But, I've never been happier!!

Despite the fact that I have two babies under two (I know, I'm nuts), I'm determined to get this blog back off the ground. That means that I am making a commitment to myself and to all three of my readers (two being closely related to me) to post at least three times a week. I'm just stubborn enough to make it happen. Even if it means making myself post late at night when I'm half-asleep. Should make for some interesting reading, huh??

Okay, enough of that. I know I left you guys hanging after my last post, but I actually did give birth about two months ago. My little Brynn Penelope was born on March 30 and weighed a whopping 8 pounds, 5 ounces. Her birth was relatively easy with the only hitch being that I pushed for about 15 hours. Okay, not really, but those two hours were the longest two hours of my life. It was all worth it, though. Our little Brynn is a doll and is the easiest baby I have ever met.


Brynn captured my heart the moment I laid eyes on her. She loves to hold my hands while I feed her. She gives Sean giant, gummy grins, and she watches Hadley as if she is soaking up every little move so that she can replicate it in a few months. Brynn is also, to my great relief, breastfeeding like a champ. She has had no issues whatsoever latching or getting enough to eat. And, amazingly, she is already sleeping through the night. She started sleeping 5-6 hours at night when she was about three weeks old and in the last few weeks, she started sleeping 8-9 hours at night, from about 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Instead of crying when she is tired, hungry, or bored, Brynn "grumbles." It's the sweetest little gremlin sound that is so much easier on the ears than crying. She loves chewing on her fist and will only sometimes tolerate her paci. And, she is cooing up a storm. At her two-month check-up, she spent the entire time saying, "hiiii" to our pediatrician. Just think-- I can tell people Brynn said her first word at two months:-).



And most importantly, Hadley ADORES Brynn. Hadley can't get enough of her little sister and is happy just kissing, hugging, and patting Brynn. I'm so happy that Hadley isn't jealous or angry that we have a new little one around. To the contrary, Hadley treats Brynn like Brynn is her little baby. She "helps" burp Brynn and will try to give Brynn her paci. A few days ago, I put Brynn in her carseat and turned around to grab a blanket to drape over her. When I looked back, Hadley was already tucking a blanket around Brynn's waist. I have no idea where Hadley got the blanket, but it was amazing to see her mimicking the way I tuck Brynn into her seat.




When we first brought Brynn home from the hospital, Hadley started calling her something that sounded like "Dee-Boo." She would say it every time she saw Brynn. We couldn't figure out what she was saying until we realized that it sounded an awful lot like "gentle," a word we used almost constantly when Hadley would pat or kiss Brynn. Apparently, Hadley thought our new baby was named "gentle." We seem to have cleared up that confusion, though. Now Hadley can say "Brynn," but she usually chooses to call her little sister, "Minn-eee," her version of "Brynnie." I'm loving watching my little girls interact and hope that Hadley keeps her nickname for her sister.


Alright, you guys have to hold me to my 3-posts-a-week promise. I've got lots to update you on, including pics of our new front door, Brynn's nursery, and the playroom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are back to writing! I know I talk you in some way almost daily, but I still love to read all the fun things taking place at the Cash house. I love all the pictures of my adorable nieces!

Cassie said...

Yay, Keri! I've been waiting for this update for while now, but with two girls that beautiful, I can absolutely understand why you haven't been writing!

Congratulations on your little Brynn...She is beautiful and I love her name! I love Hadley's nickname for her, too.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com