Friday, May 8, 2009

Bathtime Fun

A few months ago, I picked up some bath toys at Babies 'R Us for Hadley. There were plenty of options, but I settled on a four pack of brightly colored, rubber squirt toys made by Especially for Baby that came in the shapes of a turtle, frog, snail, and ladybug. I admit that I picked this set because I thought the colors and designs were adorable. But, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the little toys were made of a very soft, pliable rubber that is easy for Hadley to squeeze and play with. Plus, she loves them, so I guess I chose well.



Hadley has always loved bath time, but recently, she seemed to be getting bored about halfway through each bath. These little guys keep Hadley completely distracted through her bath, and she even clings to one or two of them while we are drying and clothing her after bathtime is over.



But, the most surprising thing about this little set of toys is that Hadley has become completely and utterly attached to the frog. It is one of her all-time favorite toys. She carries the frog around the house with her, clutches it as she is falling asleep, and gnaws on it constantly. I love watching her face light up when we hand the little frog to her. I keep expecting Hadley to become attached to a lovie or a stuffed animal, but so far, it's this frog that has captured her heart. To each her own, right?

2 comments:

becoming-mom said...

Jasper LOVES his bath toys too!

What is it that is sooo cute about baby's forming attachments to certain things? Hadley and her friend the frog made me get all teary.. why?? Being a mom has made me into such a big mush :)

Keri said...

I am the same way, Ariana! I get weepy over the silliest things now. I guess it's those mommy hormones kicking in:-)!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com