Thursday, July 16, 2009

Two Days and Counting...


I think we've kicked the habit! I'm probably jinxing myself by writing this, but Hadley has now gone two whole days, since Tuesday morning, without touching, looking at, or crying for her pacifier (her paci). She had only been using it when she was sleeping at naptime and at night, but still, she loved that thing. She would wake up in the middle of the night and search for it in her crib. And, she would play with it and sing to it when she woke up in the morning. I figured that taking her paci away would be akin to the world ending, but for some reason, she doesn't even seem to notice that it's gone. I think I'm a little more sad and sentimental than she is to see it go. But, at the same time, I am so happy that we don't have to worry about taking it away when she is old enough to really understand.

Did anyone else's little one use a pacifier?? If so, how did you phase it out/ wean your child from it? I'm half expecting our world to drop out from under us in a few days when Hadley remembers that thing. Keep your fingers crossed that that doesn't happen!

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, congratulations!! I'm incredibly jealous that it went so easily for you. We've been putting it off as long as we can with Andrew; like Hadley, he only gets it for naps and at night, but he loves his too. I think he will definitely notice when we take it away. I am NOT looking forward to it, although I know we have to do it soon.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com