Thursday, October 7, 2010

Five Things

Five things I can't live without this week:

1) tissues;
2) gallons of orange juice (I'd take some rum or vodka, too, if I thought Brynn would appreciate it);
3) my all-time favorite chicken soup (Mexican-style, natch), loaded up with jack cheese, avocados, and broccoli slaw;
4) my favorite pillow and down blankie;
5) the girls' nap times.

If you haven't guessed, I'm siiiiiiick. I was just fine Monday when I took Brynn to the doctor for her six month well-baby checkup (she's doing great!!). At the appointment, I asked for a flu shot so I could avoid having to come back to get one. Our doctor agreed but only had the flu mist available. That's what I got and since Tuesday night, I've felt like I have the flu. Coincidence?? Supposedly, the flu mist isn't supposed to give you the flu but can have side effects like a runny nose and fever. Hmmm. I've never had any side effects from the flu shot, and if this is what the flu mist is like, I'm not a fan!!

Apparently, bambinos can sense weakness. The kiddos have been so cranky the past two days. Either they aren't feeling well or they are purposefully trying to torture me while I'm down. This morning, Brynn cried the entire time Hadley and I ate breakfast. Hadley, in a move that is all her, decided she would rather paint with her oatmeal than eat it. While I was trying to soothe Brynn and control the never-ending flow of snot coming out of my nose, Hadley managed to smear oatmeal from her head to her toes. Literally. It took me half an hour to scrape dried oatmeal off of the table and floor. Live and learn, people. You can't turn your back to even blow your nose!

I'll write about Brynn's stats in my next post
when I'm not thinking through a fog.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh no! I've been wondering why you haven't posted and I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. We've all had a bit of the yuckiness, too. And I agree with you, bambinos can DEFINITELY sense weakness! Feel better soon, Keri!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com